In this interview, Sheri shares...
- How to easily stay up-to-date on all the latest tools and resources available to independent filmmakers
- Why building a personal-brand identity, and cultivating and engaging an audience is essential to sell your film
- The 2 things you must do before acquiring investors or making your film (or you risk not getting your movie into the marketplace)
- Why the standard indie distribution model doesn’t work, and what to do instead to ensure your film’s success
- Tips for leveraging festival publicity to make money with your film
Sheri Candler is a digital marketing strategist who helps independent filmmakers build identities for themselves and their films. Through the use of online tools such as social networking, podcasts, blogs, online media publications and radio, she assists filmmakers in building an engaged and robust online community for their work that can be used to monetize effectively.
Sheri also directs digital marketing strategy for The Film Collaborative, promoting their work as an educational resource for independent filmmakers, a fiscal sponsor, and a non-profit film sales and distribution company. She is the co-author of Selling Your Film Without Selling Your Soul a book of case studies which chronicles the different paths filmmakers are taking to bring their films to audiences.
Access the Film Collaborative Resource Place.